Envelope Clutches

Envelope Clutches
Ready for your tablet

Monday, May 24, 2010

My Story

I have always loved being creative, whether it was in my career field of Interior Design or in my many other creative outlets. These outlets have included drawing, painting, decorating my home and gardens, sewing clothing, accessories and artistic quilts, knitting baby sweaters and blankets for the babies of my family and friends, and also creating tasty treats in my kitchen. I rarely sit still......I always have so many ideas in my head!! I inherited many of these traits from my wonderful Mom and Grandmothers. My Mom could do it all! I was always so proud to be her daughter and I hope to extend some of this to my own daughters.
In 2009, I was laid off from a long term interior design position. With so many other designers in the same position as I, it has been extremely hard to find work. I guess that you could say that I felt that I had to recreate myself utilizing other creative talents. I have always loved designing and making fashion accessories. I find great joy in seeing the results of blending different colors, forms, textures and fabrics!
I have started working with a summer bride by designing custom clutches for her bridesmaids. This prospect started out with the quantity of six and has since grown to adding purses for the mothers, the personal attendant, the bride and even the flower girl. It is so much fun working with this particular bride who is so receptive to my ideas. She is young, modern and chic!

1 comment: